28.2.07

Back from California

Well I am back from California and it was awesome. I some drinking and some partying and I managed to have a couple of celebrity sightings, I met Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air and saw Pete Carol, the USC head football coach. I was really tempted to walk up to Carlton when I was leaving and shake his hand and then lean back and snap while a made a "pshhhhhhhh" sound, but I resisted my desire to relive the 90's.

The Tour was awesome, I was right at the start for stage 6 and I managed to get some sweet autographs and pictures.

Look at that scar from the stupid green hand.

Once the riders headed out we raced further down the course and watched the riders fly by in route to a sprint point.This was just after George Hincapie went down, it is really unfortunate that he won't be able to ride Paris-Roubaix. After that we raced to the finish town, to catch the rider do three loops of the circuit before a huge sprint where one of the Gerolsteiner riders leg came unclipped while in a full sprint.
We caught Bob Roll on the way and he was more than happy to smile for a photo
After the stage, I managed to snap the really cool shot for Brian.
At Stage 7 we set up shop and waited all day for the racing to start, luckily they had some amature racing to keep me entertained. I was listening to the race and as they were calling the race they kept mentioning some guy named Mark. I later found out it was Mark Paul Gosselaar.
Aparently he races CAT 3's, and he won...That will show Slater.

I snapped these at the start line as the teams were getting organized. The Break Away.
Discover working to bring it back.
The Final Run-in

The race was a lot of fun and the weather was great, even though all of the Californians were complaning about it being so cold...Low 60's-Sweet Jesus! I was amazed to see how many fans turned out and how much support there was for cycling. Very Cool. And it was also great to see our old friend Dave Towle.

The trip did however make me incredibly jealous that the weather is SO nice in California and that you can ride everyday, but I do live next to the mountain, so I guess I will just have to wait for the road to thaw out.

Talk to you all soon.

3 comments:

Senior Administration Official said...

In all sincerity, that was the best blog post ever. I'll have more to say later, but I just wanted to get that out now.

Evan Sandstrom said...

Cool pictures, I wish I could have been there too, I'm jealous!
-E-strong

Senior Administration Official said...

Missing you.