1.4.08

1.4.8

I saw most of my blog readers recently and filled them in on my life, but for those of you who I haven't seen recently, here goes.

I am back working at the after school program part time and still at the rental shop part time as well as a few shifts at the restaurant. So I am working 7 days a week, but it is well spread out so its not that bad.

I took Easter weekend off and headed out of town for a bit. I started the road trip with a quick stop in Greeley to help the Cycling Team put on the race. After a full day of work and a late dinner I didn't make it to Greeley until about 1. I opted to just crash at the site of the race in my car and froze my butt off. Suprisingly it gets really cold in Greeley at the start of spring and my low quality sleeping-bag just didn't cut it, I got a terrible nights sleep. Not my finest moment.

The race itself went amazingly well, Dana and Alex did a great job getting everything sorted and the team as a whole presented a great event. The parking on the otherhand was a different story.

I took care of registration and with the exception of a slight issue with the numbers, I would have to say that out of the 2 races I have assisted in running this would definately rate in my top 5.

We even got a couple of Pro's out which was really cool to see at a smaller event. I even got a chance to tell Henk Vogels I have never heard of him and that everyone pays the full amount.

After the race I went down to Denver to celebrate my buddy, Drew's Birthday. We didn't get too crazy as he and I were still recovering from St. Patricks Day.

From Denver I jumped in the car and headed to see my friend Jeff. It was almost 7 hours on the dot from Denver to Omaha. I have to say the drive wasn't that bad, the driving gave me a lot of time to think.

Omaha is a pretty cool town, its a lot like Ft. Collins or Boulder. A bit of old town and a bit of new modern city. It was fun. I had to kill a day so I hit the Zoo and for those of you who haven't been to a zoo in a while you should go. One it is a perfect place to meet girls, and two its just as fun as when you were a kid.

The drive home was about as uneventful as the drive out, but I did purchase a few CD's which I recommend. Michael Franti, great driving music.

I got back Wednesday night and I went straight back to work the next morning.

A few of the guys from the Cycling team passed through town and we caught a bit to eat and talked bikes.

I am ready for the 13 inches of snow that just fell the other day to melt, so I can ride.

No comments: