21.12.06

Let it Snow.

I am sure that the majority of you are probably sealed inside from the snow, but unfortunately I am not. While it absolutely dumped snow in the front range, my area received give or take 2 inches. not the ideal situation, but what can you do. I guess I would prefer it this way because if it did dump 2 feet of snow up here and I did have to work, I would go insane! As far as work goes I have pretty much been doing nothing but that. For the last 4 weeks I have worked 7 days a week and an unknown amount of hours, and I am exhausted. This working streak has battered my immune system and I know have a wicked cold, or AIDS, but the lab results aren't back yet.

Allow me now to share with you a few things I have learned while fighting this cold:
-Working 40+ hours with kids and a bad cold is horrible.
-The "Non-namebrand" drugs are not the same as the Namebrand drugs.
-The greatest sleep comes when you are loaded on Nyquil.
-No amount of "Cough Suppressents" actually supress a cough.
-I wish I could affort health insurance.

Anyways the other day we were at the bar and we saw our neighbor and got to talking. I have never talked to this guy but I know his girlfriend and his dog. While we were at the bar our neighbor started to do a magic trick or two. He poured a packet of sweetener into a losened fist, opened his hand and then closed it and the sweetener reappeared and he poured it back out. So I am thinking, Wow that was a really cool trick, and I am thinking it is over. Then he pulls out a deck of cards and starts doing some of the most amazing tricks/magic I have ever seen. He was doing tricks and reading minds, it was David Blane style. It was incredible. I don't think any amount of "Slight of Hand" could complete these tricks, it was magic. I later found out that he used to work in Vegas and is now a professional magician up here, it was really cool.


So, what else is going on? I had this afternoon off so I took the opportunity to go and get contacts. I have been putting getting contacts off for years, because I figured it would cost too much and be a hassle, but I was in and out in under 20 minutes. And let me tell you Walmart did not let me down on this one, I am pleased and happy. After the contacts I took the dog out for a walk to burn some of her energy off. We made it to the pet store and I caved, I bought her $32 in dog toys for Hanukkah. Maybe she will stop eating things around the house: rugs, couch pillows, the crap under my bed, but we'll see.


I was just watching Rob & Big on MTV and I would like to repeat somthing I saw on the show, so here is My Living Blog Will:

-My Saronni: Corey
-Digital camera: Brian
-Cycling socks: Brian
-Allez 'Wonder-mut' Koch: Jeremy
-My truck: I will be burried in it
-My vast book collection: Corey
-My coffee/espresso machine: Evan
-My furniture: Dana
-My cowbell: Evan
-My Bed: Aaron
-Anything I own associated with Lance Armstrong: Brian
-My ski gear: Jeremy
-My clothes: Evan (You always looked funny in clothes that didn't fit you)
-My diploma: Dana (You may never get your own)
-My BBQ: Corey
-My Felt: Brian (You always enjoyed making fun it)
-My cycling clothing: Evan (again with the "fit" thing)
-My shot glass collection: Corey

Thats all I think I have as far as worldly posessions goes, kind of depressing. If I left you out tough shit, deal with it!

4 comments:

Evan Sandstrom said...

lets not bring my weight into this Koch..geez

Anonymous said...

Evan, it is not a weight issue...I left you my clothes to symbolize your ability to bring humor to any situation. As well as your incredible weight loss in recent months, at this rate you will fit into my clothes.
~Koch

Anonymous said...

All I get is the fucking dog. Weak!

Senior Administration Official said...

This was awesome.