Well I went on one HELL of a ride today and it ended up going a bit longer then I had planned. I left my place shortly after I got off of work and suffered uphill to Mary's Lake just outside of town. I rode around the lake and then headed into town. I stopped and had a nice americano while I made some calls (P.S. the following will keep me from riding this weekend as planned) and I started to head home on 36 AS USUAL, I ended up seeing some deer and I shoo'd them off of the road (not enough of a good deed though). I made it to the top of the hill around 7:30, just fine and I began coasting home. I was riding in the shoulder and my place is on the left. I merged into the lane and looked repeatedly at the car behind me and I started breaking to turn into my parking lot. I guess the car behind me didn't think I was gonna turn, so he didn't really slow down until he hit my back tire. I layed my bike down and began to slide. I heard tires squeeling and I used my momentum from the slide to stand up and start running, for fear of being hit next. This whole thing happened right infront of my work and there where a bunch of people around that came to help. Immediately I had 15 self proclaimed doctors checking me out. I told them I was fine, just a bit scraped up, sore and shook up. Honestly I was more concerned about my bike, and the fact that I just dirtyed up my new white and pink socks and tore my Rockymounts bibs! Someone called 911 and because my boss is on the volunteer fire department in Estes, I told him there was no need for the standard two fire engines to come out, but he insisted that atleast the ambulance come out. The ambulance arrived, checked me out and I told them I didn't need their services and the could go. One cop ended up showing up, but he wasn't the correct cop. Because of where we are we needed a state trooper to come out. He finally arrived around 9, took our statements and information and sent the guy who hit me on his way, then around 9:30 he issued me my ticket. Aparently in the state of colorado bikes are the same as cars and I failed to signal. My ticket it $18.60! Kinda of wierd because I am the one with a cherry the size of Texas on my ass, but I guess it is the law. I am curious how this guy got off scott-free though, not even a "watch out" or "be more careful" from the cop or a "following to closely ticket" but what are you going to do, it was my fault.
So now you are asking are you ok? Yes, I do have a scrap on my elbo and calf and a huge cherry, but I am fine. The bike appears fine, the rear rim is bent, but I won't know how bad it is until I get it to the bike shop.
Here are some pictures, Enjoy!


1 comment:
solid work man, i hope your doing alright. Did your bike get messed up at all?
Post a Comment