17.8.06

RIP Felt F70

Well many have expressed their discontent for the photos of my keister, so I will not post any more pictures. But with an ass like that how can you blame me?

I took my bike down to Greeley yesterday to have someone who knows what they are doing look at my bike. The guy at the peddler told me my bike was finished and I would need a new frame. I had a pretty good idea that the bike was fucked, but when I realized that I am poor and I now need to come up with the cash for a new bike I really started to feel like shit. But never fear I had Brian (the positive thinker)to bring me back up from my slump. We went and got some coffee and we discussed what was salvageable from the FELT.
We decided that 1 of the 2 WC bar plugs was finished, so I will need to purchase one more (Est cost: -$2.00). The current bar tape is only about 1 month old, so I will probably transfer it to the new bike *assuming it matches the new frame (Est cost: +$15). I purchased my saddle for about $50, 1 year ago, so I don't think I will get rid of it as my ass has grown to like it (Est cost: +$25). My fork is carbon, so I could probably sell it (Est cost: +$35). I do have some newer tires that cost me $100 and if they are ok, I will use them (Est cost: +$50) Other then that the rear rim is fucked and all the other components are stock so if I am getting a new bike everything will be an upgrade.

Once everything is added up I will be able to salvage $123 worth of misc items off of the 'ol FELT.

So once again that is +$123 misc items, -$1,200 bike *This is the cost of the bike new, and as I see it, there is absolutley no depreciation of the bike*

Pretty shitty!

The FELT served me well, it was a great beginner bike and we had a lot of good times together. Unfortunately I don't think I will be purchasing another FELT.

After I took my bike to the shop I went to the registrar's office, and it is official! I have now a college graduate! I fininshed in 4 years with a degree in Recreation and a Minor in Outdoor Education! My final GPA was 3.12 and I never got a grade lower then a C!
Once I finished in Greeley I headed to FOCO to hang out with Greg and Mike. Mike just got a crotch rocket and it is bad ass. He took me for a ride which was a blast. This bike is super fast and a definate adrenaline rush.

Thats all for now, I'll keep you posted on the bike situation, catch ya later.

45 Days left!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna miss the ass photos. so i have a proposal. let's start a "koch needs a new bike" fund. i'll make a donation for every new ass photo posted. who's with me?

Anonymous said...

"I have now a college graduate!"

Do you want me to make fun of you now, or should I save it?

Jeremy said...

The frame can go on the wall of shame-ful broken stuff from accidents. right in between the taco wheel and the helmet pieces.