29.7.06

Long live the stache!

Ok, The staches proved to be as ineffective as Evan's attempts to get laid! It was less then 24 hours following the picture that it was removed! It is a proven fact that the world is just not ready for another monumental era of staches!

Well that said, life has been back to normal, (as normal as a stache-less life can be). I went to Greeality for a couple of days and did some riding which seemed like a good idea at the time, but proved to be a BAD idea after realizing I had not touched the bike during the Tour. So needless to say I got my ass kicked! Corey, Brian and I rode to Windsor on some dirt farm roads. This was probably not the best way to ease my way back on the bike. My body was aching. We had a good ride out and a REALLY fast ride back home to catch the group-ride out of the shop. I had about a 20 minute break to recover between rides and as we daparted the shop I felt great. I was screwing around, sling-shotting (not sure if thats a word) around the group, and chasing down breaks. Then I Bonked! Corey rode (pushed) me to the front of the pack and I immediately fell off of the back, Brian attempted to bring me back, but I refused. I left the group and attempted spin home. I was SO tired and my legs were SO sore I could could barely keep my bike upright riding into the wind.
I have ridden my bike hard and thought I couldn't go any further, but this was the first time I have ever bonked. I had nothing left.

The next day I presented my Internship project to my class and professor. It is such a relief to finally be done with this damn project. All I have left is a few reports and the class will officially be over. Then I just have to complete my sentance, and on Oct. 1st I will be a fre man!

For some reason the day after I returned to Estes I decided to tackle Trail-Ridge Road. I had heard conflicting reports of the climb so I went and rode it to see how it looked. It really wasn't that bad, I left the car around 9:00 and rode up for about an hour and a half. The climbing was steady and the road was smooth. It picked up for small streches, but nothing too bad. I had to work at 12:00 so I reluctantly decided to turn around about 4 miles from the alpine house (the summit). The ride down was awesome, it was not very technical but it was very fast. I ended up passing a string of cars that was held up by a group of bikers, that had paid to be driven to the top just to ride down. In my opinion, it is groups like this that make people hate bike riders, they could have picked a slower time of travel in the park to cruise down hill or they could have even rode single file!

Other then that it just the same ol lazy days here. I need to know who is gonna make it to Vail for the party so leave me a message.

No comments: