17.5.06

Internship: Day 1

Well if its not one thing its another, some times the Flat-God gets me, some times the Traffic-God gets me, but worst of all its the Wind-God. I swear it doesn't matter what direction I ride I get my ass kicked by the wind. How is it possible that the wind can blow every direction at once?!?!?!?!

So when I got off work today I was totally PUMPED to go for a ride and I totally HAD THE LEGS TODAY. I headed out about 5.3 miles toward Lyons before I turned around. I made it down in 10 minutes and up in 28 minutes, I had some gear problems on the way up and hit some rain, but all in all I FELT LIKE A MILLION BUCKS. When I got back home I was having more gearing problems and as I was circling the parking lot, (like an idiot) I clipped a pedal and ate shit and tore up my kick ass bar tape and screwed up my shifter.
I don't mind writing all of this because, I can laugh at it so you should too.

As for work today, it was my first official day that I could start logging hours for my internship. I started the day off with some maintenance work and then I got to do some ACTUAL work. I put together the schedule for this weekend and put together some activities for this weekend.
I have to say I am enjoying myself so far, I would like to have a night life, but nothing I can do about that. The work is very simular to the after school program I ran at Dos Rios. I am doing a lot of programming , and setting up little events. And you can't beat the mountains.

Well thats all for now...End Communication

2 comments:

Evan Sandstrom said...

sounds to me like you have problems riding in the parking lots...is that 2 crashes now? Its ok I ate it inside roubaix once that might be worse.

Senior Administration Official said...

Gear problems? Really? I've heard only good things about Shimano Sora. Odd.

My bully bicycle knocked me over today, too.