To start my day off I was woken up not by the people preparing breakfast for the camp, but by the dog who was woken up by the people preparing breakfast for the camp. So rather then the 8:30 start I had planned, it was closer to 7:00... I spent the day writing a press release and setting up the schedule for next weekend. Memorial day is our biggest weekend of the year, so it should be crazy...As soon as I got off work I grabbed the pup and headed into town to get my front derailer cable fixed, but the ONE bike shop in town was backed up (even though I didn't see the one mechanic doing any work while I was there) so I headed back home and packed the car and set out for B-town. I immediately went to my third favorite bike shop, Veccio's, but they were closed, so i was force to go to some other shop across the street. They charged me 14 bucks for a new cable and an adjustment, that is shitty since it isn't a complicated piece and its not that hard to fix...My new goal is to figure out how to fix my own bike! When I was done there I took a "Matt-Cut" (usually twice as long as the better known "Short-Cut") around Boulder/Denver headed to Vail.
I knew I was going fast, but I was absolutely amazed to see that I made it from doorstep to doorstep in 3 hours, and that includes my time at the bikeshop!
I made it here and Jeremy is fine, surgery went fine and he has his same ol personality, all night he was joking with us. I wanted to get him a card, but I just couldn't find a card that expressed my exact emotions, "You broke your back, that sucks!" So he will make it and someday he will be running and chasing the tennis ball in the backyard again..But for now he is heavily drug'd and in pain.
As for me I will be crashing in the car with the pup and we are headed home tomorrow. Give me a call if you wanna chat, I actually have a signal.
1 comment:
Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance, though you could have just rode in the BIG RING. Who needs a triple, or even a double, in the mountains?!? Pah! I'll tell you who: poseurs.
I have work on Tuesday, so no epic rides in Estes this week. Tear off your legs in honor of me.
Post a Comment