12.5.06

New Blog

Day one of new blog, old blog having fallen into the hands of the pirates of the caribbean.

So this is a chance for me to attempt to stay in touch with all of my newly graduated friends as well as keep a running log of all the crap, "good stuff" I am doing at my internship. It has been a real interesting last week or so, my life has pretty much been turned upside down! I have completed the last of my classes at UNC and I am now spending the next 5 or 6 months up in the mountains at Yogi Bears Jelly Stone Camp Ground of Estes Park. I will be doing a mixture of maintenence work and programming special events. It looks like it will be fun, but who knows for sure. As for now I have NO cell phone coverage at my house, and I currently have a limited internet connection. I work with a ton of old people (of which I have no idea of any of their names, but I will come up with nicknames at one point), I will also have 2 roommates/coworkers that are international workers from who the hell knows where. I am excited for the summer to really get going, everyone says the town really picks up once the tourist season starts. So hopefully that will prove beneficial for how i spend my free time.

Today was my second day at work and right away I got thrown into the basic maintenance work and the Yogi costume, I was in the costume for maybe 10 minutes and I think I lost a puod in water weight. I enjoy working, but I hate doing the little crap. I guess you could call me an individualist. I like to work my way and make sure things are done my way..Definately something I will need to work on.

If anyone wants to come see me please do, as of now I have spent the majority of my free time driving to and from town looking for something interesting to do. Last night I went into town and got a beer at the only bar still serving at 9:30, I left a pretty big tip thinking that this will be my bar and I will go there to be taken care of. The bartender looked at me like I was crazy and gave me a huge thank you. Guess she doesn't see many tips at all.

So Corey stopped doing the "Things I Learned" section on his blog so I will start my own.

1. Being 5 miles out of cell phone coverage really sucks
2. I can't live without internet
3. Even though I say I can't be without internet, all I really look at is my facebook account, hotmail and other blogs
4. Work is boring
5. Free food is great!
6. Being Yogi is not great!

That's all I have for now, I'll try to keep em shorter in the future.

2 comments:

Corey Carlson said...

matt,

we miss you, glad you're keeping your head up. come back to g-town soon.

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to Corey. Come back now.

I miss you, sub-par and all.